The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AWStats not updating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by footnet, Oct 9, 2007.

1. footnet

footnet Member

I recently upgraded to v11, then followed with the upgrade to Apache v2 through EasyApache. AWStats has not updated automatically for any of my domains since then. I just enabled the ability for users to update AWStats from Cpanel and went in to test and received the following:

AWStats did not find any valid log lines that match your LogFormat parameter, in the 50th first non commented lines read of your log.
    Your log file /usr/local/apache/domlogs/domain.com must have a bad format or LogFormat parameter setup does not match this format.

Your AWStats LogFormat parameter is: 1
    This means each line in your web server log file need to have "combined log format" like this:
    111.22.33.44 - - [10/Jan/2001:02:14:14 +0200] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 1234 "http://www.fromserver.com/from.htm" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0)"

And this is an example of records AWStats found in your log file (the record number 50 in your log):
    combined

Setup ('/home/domain/tmp/awstats/awstats.domain.com.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
    Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).

So, I would suspect that this is caused by a change in the Apache log format, but how do I correct this?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. footnet

footnet Member

I should also note that from within CPanel, clicking on 'Latest Visitors' always comes up blank even though I know that there is traffic to the site. That indicates something hinky outside of AWStats...

3. t9clkclnr

t9clkclnr Well-Known Member

This issues is happening for many of us.

I have the same exact problem.

4. footnet

footnet Member

Come to think of it, I've been at V11 for awhile, but recently upgraded to the x3 theme for CPanel. I only mention that because I run another server for a client that is still running the x theme, but is identical in everything else, and don't have any issues.

Ah strike that...that server is still running Apache 1.3...

So, is everyone else having the same issue running Apache 2?

#4 footnet, Oct 9, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  5. footnet

footnet Member

I did a support ticket through cPanel and they said it was a misconfigured directive in the httpd.conf file. He wouldn't say what it was, but he fixed it. Might want to do a ticket or if you're feeling lucky, cruise through the file yourself and try to find it.

6. Michel McA

Michel McA Member
    PartnerNOC