The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awstats not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darrenl, Aug 2, 2010.

1. darrenl

darrenl Member

Hey all, I am the tech guy for our company and a guy I work had me look into Awstats not working today. So I troubleshooted everything, restarted the cpanel log daemon, restarted apache, ran the web logs etc... and I still couldnt update our Awstats on our server. They are all configured properly from the main WHM area. After that I logged into WHM and checked and the dates when Awstats weren't working were right after the update on the 14th and the 28th. Has anyone had any problems or experienced this problem before? We cannot get statistics for the last 2 days and everything is running fine but the Awstats will not update the stats.

Thanks,
    Darren

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    A stats issue may be caused by configuration changes performed by an end-user or that of a system administrator; I recommend auditing all possible areas where stats settings can be adjusted. For additional reference information please see the following thread: Awstats Not Updating? - cPanel Forums

To help diagnose the issue some additional information is needed. Via root SSH access, please provide the output that is displayed when entering each of the following commands; in the last command shown replace "username" with the cPanel account username:
    Code:
    # egrep -hi "skip(analog|awstats|webalizer)|stats" /var/cpanel/cpanel.config
    # cat /etc/stats.conf
    # grep -HiR "STATGENS" /var/cpanel/users
    # cat ~username/tmp/stats.conf

3. darrenl

darrenl Member

Hi, here were the results:

egrep -hi "skip(analog|awstats|webalizer)|stats" /var/cpanel/cpanel.config

awstatsbrowserupdate=1
    awstatsreversedns=0
    keepstatslog=0
    skipanalog=1
    skipawstats=0
    skipwebalizer=1
    stats_log=/usr/local/cpanel/logs/stats_log
    statsloglevel=1
    userstatsoverride=1

cat /etc/stats.conf

ALLOWALL=yes
    BLACKHOURS=6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17
    DEFAULTGENS=AWSTATS
    allow_awstats_include=1

grep -HiR "STATGENS" /var/cpanel/users

Nothing

cat ~username/tmp/stats.conf

File does not exist. (I did it under each usernames folder [e.g. /home/username/tmp/stats.conf])

4. darrenl

darrenl Member

Hi, it turns out we did not see view SSL stats as an option until I changed from Theme x to x3. All stats work properly.

Thanks,
    Darren

5. cPanelDon

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Thank you for the status update; I'm happy to hear it is working for you. Please note that cPanel x3 is the latest and currently the only supported default cPanel theme. The previous themes including x, x2, bluelagoon, and monsoon are deprecated and are no longer supported as they have been replaced by cPanel x3.

If an older appearance is desired, the cPanel x3 theme includes a style, also known as a branding package, named "x" that resembles the older x and x2 themes; also included are styles named "blue_lagoon" and "monsoon" that resemble each of their older counterparts. For reference, styles may be selected or switched using cPanel via the following menu path (with linked documentation): cPanel: Main >> Preferences >> Change Style

6. borki

borki Member

It also doesn't work for us on FreeBSD - it stopped (I guess after an upadte) in July. When I run /scripts/runstatsonce I get a lot of configuring and compiling and it complains about some stuff missing?!?

Code:
    checking whether cairo's Microsoft Windows font backend could be enabled... no (requires a Win32 platform)
    checking for cairo's PNG backend...
    gnome-config: not found
    configure: WARNING: Could not find libpng in the pkg-config search path
    checking whether cairo's PNG backend could be enabled... no
    configure: error: requested PNG backend could not be enabled
    child exited with value 1
    Any idea?

#6 borki, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2010
  7. cPanelDon

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    The detail provided leads me to believe there is an issue with compiling dependencies needed for RRDtool, a component used during log processing; I believe this will require more in-depth and thorough inspection via direct access to the affected machine. Please submit a support request so that we may assist with investigating the specific circumstances on your FreeBSD system; if desired, you may add "Attn Don" into the descriptive title of your ticket submission. When available, please send me a PM referencing your post and the new ticket ID number so that we may follow-up internally.

8. darklca

darklca Member

did u resolve this ?

9. cPanelDon

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    There are a number of different circumstances that may be involved for the issue(s) discussed in this thread. To more accurately diagnose and assist with your issue it will help greatly to know more information. Please clarify and elaborate into further detail about the specific symptoms you are experiencing.