The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

awstats sometimes showing zero for days near end of month

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff-C, Feb 6, 2005.

  1. Jeff-C

    Jeff-C Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2004
    Messages:
    117
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    I haven't figured out the exact problem yet, but for one larger account doing ~ 1.5 GB of forum traffic per day, I'm seeing awstats sometimes reporting zero for days near the end of the month (e.g. the latest time January 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 were all zeros but then showing accurate stats again for the 31st.) At first I thought it was a load issue so I set awstats to process logs twice instead of once a day and also set the load above x cpu's to ten; I'm not seeing loads above five even during backup on the dual xeon server, yet still the problem surfaces some months. Any ideas on what to look for or how to sovle this?
     
  2. dunno

    dunno Active Member

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2003
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    I've been having this problem as well starting mid month every month.
     
  3. dunno

    dunno Active Member

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2003
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Ok, I figured out what it is. The log file for heavily trafficed domains gets too big and logging stops altogether, leaving awstats with nothing to process.

    In WHM's Tweak setting set "Delete each domain's access logs after stats run" to true and your logging will be functional again.
     
  4. Jeff-C

    Jeff-C Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2004
    Messages:
    117
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Oh you're right - thanks very much.

    The domain in question's log under /usr/local/apache/domlog/domain.com had grown to 2GB and so logging was no longer occurring for the site - doh! A quick clearing of the file and restarting of apache did the trick.

    Now I just need to figure out how to automatically do a weekly log rotation or something similar, as the only options now seem to be either to
    1.) manually check and clear when they get close to 2 GB
    or
    2.) delete every time logs run, which doesn't leave much evidence if I ever need to refer to the logs.
     
Loading...

Share This Page