The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back up too big?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mommadoodle, Apr 7, 2010.

1. mommadoodle

mommadoodle Registered

Hi all,

I have searched for the answer to this and just can't find it. I thought maybe it'd be pinned or something.

My website is waaaaaay more then 4GB ( I sell graphics)and I just found out I cannot back it up through CPanel because of that. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to do it in Filezilla or otherwise. Please help.

I need something easy as I am NOT fluent in these things. I am very disappointed because Cpanel back up is sooo easy.

Thanks.

2. cPanelJamyn

cPanelJamyn Social Engineer
    Staff Member

Hi,

Normally, you'd be able to backup your account regardless of whether it's > 4gb (as long as you/your host have enabled backup functionality/management for the account). Your hosting company may have imposed additional, custom restrictions however, and if so - you'll need to discuss your options with them. Are you receiving some sort of error when trying to backup the account? In other words, what specifically is leading you to believe you cannot backup the account? Thanks!