The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing files etc...

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by galvan, Oct 13, 2007.

1. galvan

galvan Registered

Oct 13, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    Hello, I currently have a server at PowerVPS using the cpanel admin. Apparently someone has been running malicious process on my server. Tech support told me to back up files,mysql etc... to local machine. I have all my html files but am wondering how does one back up all the mysql files?

Is there a way of backing up all my accounts I have setup (files,account settings, mysql) at once to my local machine? Or does this have to be done to each individual account.

Tech Support says they are going to rebuild server. I just want to be able to be up and running as i have about 40 accounts setup in WHM and would be headache to redo every account.

Any help or direction would be great.

2. sarhosting

sarhosting Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I believe there is any easy way to do this via VPS.

Do you have the backup option in WHM - if so do it the bulk way through WHM Backup

IF NOT

Then I think you are going to have to do it one by one in their cPanel and download the data and then restore it once you setup their domain again etc.

This should back, mysql, mail and public_html