The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing Up Accounts Minus Actual Files/Folders

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bronco92, Jul 29, 2010.

1. bronco92

bronco92 Member

Hi guys,

I am about to do a complete OS Reload on my server.

This server has over 400 accounts setup on it.

I plan to backup the actual account files manually and then manually restore them once the OS Reload is complete.

I want to know if there is a way of quickly taking a backup of all cPanel Accounts, minus the actual files/folders/mysql etc. I just want the actual accounts (e.g. their passwords etc) backed up, so that once I restore the accounts and then manually restore the actual files, everything will work again.

Does anyone know how I could go about this? Thanks.

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

A OS reload will wipe out all the data. Do you have the backup of all the website files + their databases? BTW, in order to backup all the accounts excluding home directories and databases, you will have to write down the script yourself.

The script will such that it will read each account one by one from /etc/trueuserdomains, move the public_html folder of that domain and the database to a temporary location, backup the account using pkgacct and place the folders back to the actual location, then read another user and so on...

The script will be an easy one by the way. If you run into problems, paste the errors here.