Backing up different accounts on different days?

willke

Mar 30, 2005
Hi,

I've recently started taking daily full backups to Google Drive but I'm noticing that it takes about 18 hours to complete. This is mainly due to about 6 (from 100) large accounts being so slow to transfer. (I really need rsync but Google Drive doesn't offer this)

Is is possible to set-up backups to be carried out in (for example) the following method, rather than ALL selected Accounts backed-up each time?

Monday - Accounts A, B, C, D, E, ..... R, S
Tuesday - Account T, U, V
Wednesday- Account X, Y, Z
etc

Thanks.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

There's no functionality available that will allow you to backup one set of users on one day, and another set on another day. I encourage you to open a feature request if you'd like to see this functionality added to the product:

Submit A Feature Request

In the meantime, one potential workaround would be to setup a custom script and cron job that runs before the scheduled backup cron job on select days of the week. You can use the following WHM API 1 function to enable or disable backups for specific users as part of the custom script:

WHM API 1 Functions - toggle_user_backup_state - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

thanasis

Nov 24, 2017
Greece
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

I've recently started taking daily full backups to Google Drive but I'm noticing that it takes about 18 hours to complete. This is mainly due to about 6 (from 100) large accounts being so slow to transfer. (I really need rsync but Google Drive doesn't offer this)

Is is possible to set-up backups to be carried out in (for example) the following method, rather than ALL selected Accounts backed-up each time?

Monday - Accounts A, B, C, D, E, ..... R, S
Tuesday - Account T, U, V
Wednesday- Account X, Y, Z
etc

Thanks.

Hello, willke.
Your idea is very good! Do you find any solution?

rpvw

Jul 18, 2013
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator