Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up different accounts on different days?

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by willke, Sep 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. willke

willke Well-Known Member

Hi,

I've recently started taking daily full backups to Google Drive but I'm noticing that it takes about 18 hours to complete. This is mainly due to about 6 (from 100) large accounts being so slow to transfer. (I really need rsync but Google Drive doesn't offer this)

Is is possible to set-up backups to be carried out in (for example) the following method, rather than ALL selected Accounts backed-up each time?

Monday - Accounts A, B, C, D, E, ..... R, S
    Tuesday - Account T, U, V
    Wednesday- Account X, Y, Z
    etc

Thanks.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

There's no functionality available that will allow you to backup one set of users on one day, and another set on another day. I encourage you to open a feature request if you'd like to see this functionality added to the product:

Submit A Feature Request

In the meantime, one potential workaround would be to setup a custom script and cron job that runs before the scheduled backup cron job on select days of the week. You can use the following WHM API 1 function to enable or disable backups for specific users as part of the custom script:

WHM API 1 Functions - toggle_user_backup_state - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.