The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing Up Root's MySQL Databases

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by triwav, May 17, 2010.

1. triwav

triwav Member

Hi, I was just looking over my backup routine for cPanel and noticed that it isn't backing up Root's MySQL databases which on mine contains quite a bit of stuff. Is there any way to automate this or do I have to do this manually? Thanks.

2. forum17

forum17 Active Member

Hi,

In this case you will have to check option WHM >> Configure Backup >> Backup SQL Databases >>"Per Account and Entire MySQL Directory" . Otherwise you will have to make script which will backup mysql database using command mysqldump mysql > "mysql`date | awk '{print "$3}'`.sql" and need to setup cron to execute this script.

If date on the server is May 7 then above command will create backup file as mysql17.sql

Regards,
    VPS Hosting - Dedicated Server Hosting - Cheap Web Hosting - Linux Hosting - Reseller Hosting

3. triwav

triwav Member

Yes I have it setup to backup both but I don't see a folder for root in the cpbackup folder. Is there some specific place where it would be backing this up to that I should be looking in?