Backing up server so the VPS can be reinstalled

lakotahosting

Registered
Feb 19, 2011
Reynoldsburg, OH
Hello all!

We recently have been having problems with our server (Perl issues, out of memory errors, general cruft, etc.) and, being Windows users, we are considering a complete wipe of our VPS and starting out fresh to resolve these issues. The only question that we have is that we have a whole lot of data on our VPS that we don't want to lose (customer accounts, our custom cPanel skin, etc.), and I was wondering what the best way to go about backing up/restoring all this data would be. Is it possible? Just to clarify, we want to use the same server, and NOT transfer to a new server.

Thanks in advance! :D

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
You might want to hire someone to take a clsoer look at your server and sort out the problems you're experiencing. If it's a problem with cPanel, feel free to put in a ticket to cPanel support. I'm quite sure they'll be happy to assist you in making your cPanel Powered server operate properly.

hostmedic

Apr 30, 2003
Washington Court House, Ohio, United States
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
LakotaHosting - I am just about 1 hour south of you (Washington Court House Area of Ohio)
If you would like - I can come up your way and spend a bit of time going over cPanel with you.
Chances are this is something simple with the setup of your VPS - going over some logs may help a great bit - In any event I can help you with the transfer and/or backup of the VPS and implementation of a new in a jiffy.

Are you by chance a member of any of the local Linux User Groups (noticed your a windows shop) - as some folks there may be able to help as well.

I shot a PM over to you for review as well.