Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up to another cPanel server

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by DragonByte Tech, Nov 11, 2017.

1. DragonByte Tech

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi all,

Our company is considering provisioning another cPanel-based server to be ready to go as a fail-safe in case our original server runs into irrecoverable problems.

My question is: If I set up the current "live" server to back up to the "fail-safe" server, what would be the correct procedure to make those backups visible in the Restore interface on the "fail-safe" server?

Thanks!

Fillip

2. web-project

web-project Well-Known Member

depends on your setup, as yes it can be set such way that you will see the files in restore interface.

Highly recommended to do offsite backup and point both live and redundant server to that backup storage as this way you will be restore backups via restore interface.

3. DragonByte Tech

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hey, thank you for your reply :)

We would also be using offsite cloud backups, although it was my understanding you could not restore from offsite backups at this time. The documentation I read was a little bit out of date, so maybe that feature was added in v68. I'll have to do some more research.

Fillip

4. web-project

web-project Well-Known Member

you be able to mound backup folder via Samba/CIFS to offsite backup and this way you can restore the backup at any time.

DragonByte Tech likes this.
  5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator