The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup all server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aliki, Mar 20, 2006.

1. aliki

aliki Member

Sorry but i am spanish and my english is very bad. I need make a backup alll domains of my server because i have a new server and i want copy all domains with their accounts, emails, pass and mysql.

What are the options that i need chose in the WHM for Configure Backup and that the copy is most complete possible?. I don't want to lose any information.

Thanks forr all aid

Aliki CM

2. manish

manish Member

WHM transfer tool

If both the new and old servers are WHM based, why not use the WHM site transfer option?

3. aliki

aliki Member

I want use the WHM but i'm not sure that option to use to copy all information, include the pass and the mysql. I need a little aid for a better configuration of the "Configure Backup".

Can you help me?

4. manish

manish Member

The transfer tool will move everything related to the account including MySQL databases, emails, parked domains, files.

You can also do a remote FTP backup to your new server and then using WHM tool to untar the cpanel tars.

Cheers!
    Manish

5. (cmo)

(cmo) Member

DNS entries are not copied

Hello, from my past experience in transferring account between WHM/cpanel servers, is that the DNS entries ALWAYS got lost, especially the customized MX/other entries.

I also don't see in WHM backup configuration the option to backup the DNS entries.

The other issue in case of HD failure and you have to restore the accounts from the 2nd backup drive, the server IP default is assigned to all accounts. Since my servers have lots of resellers with their own IPs, it becomes a mess, and time consuming to re-assign the IPs and DNS entries. Literally a pain in the neck.

I hope cpanel can pick-up the suggestion of DNS entries backup.

CMO

6. nothsa

nothsa Well-Known Member

I've done about 7 server moves using the WHM account transfer tool (one within the last month) and I've never had a problem with the DNS not transferring. I had trouble with Mailman lists and Horde e-mail in earlier versions, but that seems to be fixed now.