Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Backup and restore Email Accounts

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by MarkBoshara, May 2, 2018.

1. MarkBoshara

MarkBoshara Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    I have a problem. I moved my site from server to server and took a full backup and I have restored the complete data and the site is working now and but I have a problem with the emails. How do I make it work with the new server and how to retrieve the sent and receiving emails from all the emails from the backup file how Set up on Cpanel

Thanks Alot

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,

Restoring from a cPmove file or a backup from a cPanel server mail should have automatically been restored unless it was excluded from the backup. Are the email accounts present or is the issue that you're unable to send/receive mail?

Thank you,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MarkBoshara

MarkBoshara Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    I moved my site from one server to another and took a full backup and I don't know how to retrieve the emails on the new server.

4. cPanelLauren

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @MarkBoshara

When you go to cPanel>>Email>>Email Accounts -> Access Webmail for an existing account are you not seeing the email that was on the server previously here?

Did the MX records for your mail point to the previous server you were on or did you host mail remotely?

Thank you,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MarkBoshara

MarkBoshara Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    I have a personal site, and I have a lot of e-mails like info@mydomain.com.
    Admin@mydomain.com
    Sales@mydomain.com
    and emails have so many messages how can I take a backup copy of all the emails and install them on the new server with the same website with the same everything

6. cPanelLauren

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,

A full backup of your site should include email. If it did not and you have access to the server you can create a full backup through cPanel by going to cPanel>>Files>>BackupWizard and create a full backup or a Home Directory + Email Forwarders and Filters backup.

Please see our documentation on this here: Backup for cPanel - Version 68 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Thank you,