The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup and Stats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AS|Sourcer, Mar 1, 2005.

1. AS|Sourcer

AS|Sourcer Registered

Jan 24, 2005
    Ok i have a few questions and i was unsure where to post these on the forums here. Recently we had a custom forum theme created for our forums. They were about 90% complete and our hosts hard driver failed on our box. Unforrtuanlly the latest backup they had was 14 days old. Needless to say we lost it all and are now starting over. We have a reseller account with them, but they do not allow us the backup options in WHM. So i want to setup cron jobs for each out sites that we host to do a complete backup to our dedicated servers in a datacenter. They are windows machines that we have in a data center, so i think it would have be done via FTP. Is this possibale uesing cron? or maybe a script on the internet that i have not see?

Second. I was wondering if anyone know if of any scripts that check that status of ports and services on a machince or ip and come back with an on or off light or status icon. Kinda like the services check in cpanel.

Thanks for you time,