The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup Causes Vbulletin Database error

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by acegames, Aug 22, 2008.

1. acegames

acegames Member

I have set backup to run every night but when it runs my vbulletin forum crashes with a database error

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Access denied for user 'vbulletin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
    /home/vbulletin/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 311

Then to get the vbulletin site backup and running I have to set the password again in cpanel for the vbulletin account and it then works ok

Does anyone know what is causing this ?

2. nilesh_kolte

nilesh_kolte Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is user vbulletin is created in your mysql. Also have you assigned the permission to your vbulletin database for the user vbulletin? Also make sure you add the correct Db info in config fine.

Regards,

3. dbcorp

dbcorp Member

anyone come up with a solution to this issue, iam also in the same boat vb fails when cpanel backup runs.

4. dbcorp

dbcorp Member

it works all day then when cpanel does its nightly back up of sites it dies and then its not working and gives just a general database error, which mysql is running fine on other sites. using php 5 and mysql 5

5. acegames

acegames Member

It turned out to be a problem with my.conf for the site which cpanel fixed for me by moving this file aside to ~/my.cnf.orig , and this is no
    longer an issue

Basically the VB account and MYSQL account were different passwords so my.conf updated the VB account to the MYSQL account password