Backup completed but error occurred and disk usage warning

psytanium

Jun 6, 2014
Lebanon
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I'm receiving 2 notification emails, i think the 2 problems are related so I posted both in the same thread.

My back up configuration is set to daily backup, and 1 retention copy. Everyday I receive :

The backup process encountered the following error:
[2020-03-22 02:04:02 +0200] The “Mysql” failed with an error: Failed after 3 times; last error: STDERR: mysqldump: Error 1194: Table 'sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired when dumping table `sessions` at row: 490957

and, I receive another notification on low disk capacity, My disk reached 170GB / 200 GB but I'm sure the needed capacity is 85 GB, why the used capacity is doubled ? is it because of backup failing after 3 times ?

Need help, thanks :))

quietFinn

Feb 4, 2006
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
My back up configuration is set to daily backup, and 1 retention copy. Everyday I receive :

The backup process encountered the following error:
[2020-03-22 02:04:02 +0200] The “Mysql” failed with an error: Failed after 3 times; last error: STDERR: mysqldump: Error 1194: Table 'sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired when dumping table `sessions` at row: 490957

Go to WHM -> SQL services -> Repair MySQL Database , find the database where that error occurs and click "Repair Database".

and, I receive another notification on low disk capacity, My disk reached 170GB / 200 GB but I'm sure the needed capacity is 85 GB, why the used capacity is doubled ? is it because of backup failing after 3 times ?

Need help, thanks :))
In your configuration there has to be room for 3 backup sets.
Also it's possible that because of those backup errors cPanel does not remove the oldest backup.
How many backups do you see in the /backup folder?

quietFinn

Feb 4, 2006
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
There should be the full backup log attached in the email you got.

To repair all databases, see instructions here:

psytanium

Jun 6, 2014
Lebanon
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
There should be the full backup log attached in the email you got.

To repair all databases, see instructions here:
Today I received :

The backup failed to complete for the following reason:
Available disk space (9 percent) is too low. Backups will not run.

I checked the system status, the disk indicate 88 GB / 200 GB, maybe the notification was sent before the server cleaned failed backups ?

Thanks