cPanel & WHM Version
v96.0.11

h.jirjawi

Jun 22, 2021
Saudi Arabia
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I have a problem
And it is a large size backup and I don't know how to get it and delete it or stop it
This is what tech support told me

How can I access it and delete it?
Simply because I am a beginner

Attachments

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! Since you were already working with Seth, he could have given you more details in the ticket about how to deal with this.

You will need to access the server as root through either an FTP client or the command line in order to remove those files, as they can only be accessed by the root user. The root user would require an sFTP connection to the server.

If you aren't familiar with manipulating files as root you may want to reach out to your hosting provider or datacenter for assistance as running the wrong command or deleting the wrong files as root could cause the server to malfunction.

h.jirjawi

Jun 22, 2021
Saudi Arabia
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
ok i do it now by log in Terminal then

add this command
Code:
df -h
and i see the screenshot

how i can detect backup file and delete it

what is command and steps

plz help me

Attachments

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
If you aren't familiar with terminal, it would be best to use the browser-based tool in WHM >> Terminal as that will load a terminal session directly in your browser.

I would strongly recommend you get familiar with the "cd" and "rm" commands as you'll need to use those to navigate the backup directory and remove the files. I am not able to provide the exact commands you will need to resolve the issue, however, you would move to the backup directory by running this command:

Code:
cd /backup
and from there you could delete a backup with the "rm -rf" command, as that will remove a folder and its contents. For example, this command would delete the backups created earlier this morning after you have already switched to the /backup directory with the "cd" command:

Code:
rm -rf 2021-06-22