Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

/backup could not be mounted

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rok$tar, Mar 5, 2004.

1. rok$tar

rok$tar Registered

Hi,

WHM newbie here. I have one disk that looks like follows:

Current Disk Usage
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sda3 72G 2.3G 66G 4% /
    /dev/sda1 99M 46M 49M 49% /boot
    none 243M 0 243M 0% /dev/shm

I created a /backup directory, and enabled backups with a few settings as follows:

- Backup Status: [Enabled]
    - Remount/Unmount backup drive (requires a seperate drive/coda/nfs mount) [Disabled]
    - Bail out if the backup drive cannot be mounted (recommended if you have selected the above option) [Enabled]
    - Backup Type [Standard]
    - Use Passive mode for Ftp transfers (required if you are behind a firewall or ftp backups fail) [Disabled]
    - Backup Destination (this should be a dir/nfs/coda mount with at least twice the space of all your /home* partitions. Setting this to /home is a VERY BAD IDEA.): [/backup]

I receive an error via email saying "The backup was not able to be completed because /backup could not be mounted". Since it's within the sda3 partition, isn't the /backup directory already mounted? Does anyone know why I'm getting this error and how to fix it?

Thanks