The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup current easyapache configuration

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by tlkg, Jan 22, 2012.

1. tlkg

tlkg Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I know it is possible to save the current easyapache configuration file through the normal UI. Is it possible to do it outside of that interface? I'm thinking of something like this:

/scripts/easyapache --profile=current --save-backup

I am trying to setup a script for easier migrations. I can do it through the UI but this would make both the migration itself and the documentation easier.

Thanks.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Do you mean the option in Step 6 to do "Save only (DO NOT build)" for the existing configuration in WHM's EasyApache (Apache Update) area?

Of note, you can see the options with /scripts/easyapache if you issue this command:

Code:
    /scripts/easyapache --help
    You do have options to load a set profile such as --profile=profile_name. You also can load a previously archived profile (one that was a previous build).

If you are using the same profile for several machines, simply copy the existing /var/cpanel/easy/apache/profile/_main.yaml file on the machine that has the profile you want to copy, then copy it over to the other machines as /var/cpanel/easy/apache/profile/custom/somename.yaml where somename is the name you want for the profile. In that copied file, change the lines that begin with name: to list the name of the profile, any notes about it, and the revision details (you can check /var/cpanel/easy/apache/profile/custom/cpanel_default.yaml to see an example of what it shows).