The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup destination “ABC” has been disabled on “XYZ”.

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by joako, Mar 5, 2014.

1. joako

joako Well-Known Member

I get this error but when I look at the log what I see is in ONE backup session "Upload attempt failed: Connection to remote server stalled" and I think on that date the destination server was down.

How can I prevent this? If the destination server is down, better to send an alert message and try again tomorrow instead of disabling the backups!!!!

For the time being I put: ERRORTHRESHHOLD: 99999999999999999999 is this okay?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

This is addressed in cPanel version 11.42. Here is a quote from the release notes:

Thank you.

3. joako

joako Well-Known Member

The issue is not the validation. The backup destination has been configured and validated without fault and the backups run for many weeks.

The issue is that after it's configured validated and already in operation the server was down one day. On that day cpanel sent an email that the backup destination was disabled and past that day no backup was performed (if the backup process runs on the server and saves a backup to the local machine but does not send it remote, I do not consider that a backup) until after manual intervention was received to re-enable the backup destination.

#3 joako, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, that is part of what has been resolved in cPanel version 11.42 as I understand. Validation is referring to more than just the user interface.

Thank you.