Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Backup Emails

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by xBlue, Feb 20, 2011.

1. xBlue

xBlue Registered

Hello,

I have setup backup on my server on a weekly period. However, I keep receiving every single day other than the day it does the backup this email:

[cpbackup] Backups are not scheduled to run today (This can be adjusted in WHM => Backup => Configure Backup)

I already know backups are not scheduled today, can I turn this off?

Thank you.

2. schoeps

schoeps Well-Known Member

Just rolled out 2 servers and am getting this message every night. Yes, I have tried playing around with the contact manager and it does not help.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The backup generation script runs daily, as it's designed to check the age of existing backups rather than only run on a specific day. You could configure the backup cron job to only run on a specific day, however it's generally advised to let the backup script determine which backup generations are necessary:

"WHM Home »Server Configuration » Configure cPanel Cron Jobs"

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...