The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup Error Message

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by ict.negocc, Aug 9, 2014.

1. ict.negocc

ict.negocc Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Every time I generate a backup file, I'm getting these error messages but the creation of backup file is successful despite the errors.

Code:
    Fail to backup horde data for user usrnm: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='
     at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception.pm line 96
    	Cpanel::Exception::new('Cpanel::Exception::Database::Error', 'Cpanel::ExceptionMessage::Raw=SCALAR(0xfe34a8)', 'HASH(0x3f6cbd8)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception.pm line 47
    	Cpanel::Exception::create('Database::Error', 'Cpanel::ExceptionMessage::Raw=SCALAR(0xfe34a8)', 'HASH(0x3f6cbd8)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception.pm line 55
    	Cpanel::Exception::create_raw('Database::Error', 'DBD::mysql::db do failed: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_gen...', 'HASH(0x3f6cbd8)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DBI.pm line 79
    	Cpanel::DBI::_create_exception('Cpanel::DBI::Mysql::db=HASH(0x3f6e9d8)', 'DBD::mysql::db do failed: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_gen...', undef) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DBI.pm line 70
    	Cpanel::DBI::_error_handler('DBD::mysql::db do failed: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_gen...', 'Cpanel::DBI::Mysql::db=HASH(0x3f6e9d8)', undef) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Horde/Utils.pm line 56
    	Cpanel::Horde::Utils::build_backup('Cpanel::DBI::Mysql::db=HASH(0x3f6e9d8)', 'ARRAY(0x25db618)', '/home/backupfile-122014-010203-usrnm/horde', 5.1.4, 'horde') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Horde/Backup.pm line 44
    	Cpanel::Horde::Backup::backup('Cpanel::Horde=HASH(0x3eae1f0)', 'usrnm', '/home/backupfile-122014-010203-usrnm/horde', 0) called at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/pkgacct line 1092
    	eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/pkgacct line 1092
    	Script::Pkgacct::script('Script::Pkgacct', 'usrnm', '/home', 'userbackup') called at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/pkgacct line 116
    I have noticed that these error messages occurred after I updated cPanel software (correct me if I'm wrong on this) and the time in generating backup file has increased. Now it takes more time to generate backup file compared in the past where it takes only few minutes.

2. triantech

triantech Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It looks to be an issue related to the horde tables. Can you run the following and see if the tables in horde db
    are corrupted in any way ?

# mysqlcheck -ro horde

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Try backing up the horde database manually to see if you get similar error messages. EX:

Code:
    mysqldump horde > /home/horde.backup.sql
    Thank you.