Backup errors and disk failure

soundguy

PartnerNOC
Oct 29, 2003
seattle
Just had a main disk go bad. I restored the sites to a new server by slapping the backup drive into the new machine, but apparently, cPanel backup has been having some problems on this server and the most recent useable backups are a few days old. I suspect that these errors were caused by subtle degradation of the disk over a period of a couple of days culminating in a complete failure earlier today, but here's the last backup log. They are pretty much identical for several days prior. Anyone see something suspicious? (I replaced sensitive info with "redacted")

[cpbackup] Started at Fri Feb 20 01:00:02 2009
[cpbackup] Running dir & file backup with target : /backup/cpbackup/daily
rsync: readlink "/var/cpanel/ldappass" failed: Input/output error (5)
rsync: readlink "/var/cpanel/leechprotectpass" failed: Input/output error (5)
IO error encountered -- skipping file deletion
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(892) [sender=2.6.8]
Waiting for load to go down to continue
[cpbackup] Running account backup with target : /backup/cpbackup/daily
pkgacct started.
pkgacct version 8.3 - user : (redacted) - archive version: 3 - running with uid 0
Copying Reseller Config...not a reference at /scripts/cPScript/CachedDataStore.pm line 185
pkgacct started.
pkgacct version 8.3 - user : (redacted) - archive version: 3 - running with uid 0
Copying Reseller Config...not a reference at /scripts/cPScript/CachedDataStore.pm line 185
pkgacct started.

...etc - several more of the same

[cpbackup] Completed at Sun Feb 22 01:01:31 2009
Notification => (redacted) via EMAIL [level => 2]

addy

Apr 13, 2006
Seeing some Input/output errors in your backup log indicating a bad drive. You might need to fsck your drive.

soundguy

PartnerNOC
Oct 29, 2003
seattle
The drive is completely FSCKed :)