The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup Errors and Roundcube Blankness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jmhost, Jul 5, 2008.

1. jmhost

jmhost Member

I just moved to a new server and I have some errors that i'd like some help with if someone would be so kind.

First issue is Roundcube is blank. It's enabled but whenever I try to access it via cPanel, the page is just white.

I noticed during a backup when its backing up databases, it says this:

Second issue is also during backup, I get the follow error on a just a few users when it tries to create the tar:

Only some users error, and they are all tied to the mail folder. I have been in the folders that are erroring and they appear fine to me. Although there are several hundred files in them. Mostly courierimapkeywords has a lot of 0kb files, why? It makes me unsettled because i'm not sure if this error is corrupting the backup for these users or not. Any ideas on whats going on?

#1 jmhost, Jul 5, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  2. duranduran

duranduran Well-Known Member

I have the same error with some of my accounts - the roundcube give me a blank page when i try to access.

3. jmhost

jmhost Member

I have found a solution to the tar errors. For whatever reason there was thousands of blank files in those folders that were erroring, deleting them fixed it. Hopefully it doesn't spawn them again.

As for the roundcube, thats still an issue for me. All the accounts were copied using cPanels transfer method, not sure if that has something to do with it or not.

4. luisp

luisp Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    hello,

I'm also having a blank page while accessing roundcube. IN errors log i have :

[Native code: 1033]
    [Native message: Incorrect information in file: './roundcube/session.frm']
    in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/roundcube/program/include/rcube_mdb2.inc on line 265
    [10-Jul-2008 20:53:59] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::parse() in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/roundcube/program/include/main.inc on line 1241
    [10-Jul-2008 21:54:00 +0200] DB Error: _doQuery: [Error message: Could not execute statement]
    [Last executed query: PREPARE MDB2_STATEMENT_mysql_7053e3a4a0d4ba1dc19d71be98f86e86c33a6fd81 FROM 'SELECT vars, ip, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(changed) AS changed\n FROM session\n WHERE sess_id=?']
    [Native code: 1033]
    [Native message: Incorrect information in file: './roundcube/session.frm']
    in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/roundcube/program/include/rcube_mdb2.inc on line 265

5. dclaw

dclaw Member
    PartnerNOC

I am also having the issue with the blank roundcube page.

Anyone have any ideas on that? Seeing as this seems to be widespread (I see at least 3+ threads talking about it within the last several days) with no answers, I'm submitting a support ticket.

I'll post here if I get an adequate response.

EDIT: cPanel Support provided the answer.

Here's the solution:

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/update-roundcube --force

Thanks,
    Mike
    TVCNet Inc.

#5 dclaw, Jul 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  6. viktor_smk

viktor_smk Member

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/update-roundcube --force
    That helped! Thanks a lot!