The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup file

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by gcfanca, Jan 28, 2006.

1. gcfanca

gcfanca Member

I looked..but I'm not sure if there is a thread for this..if so I aplogize..and please point me to the right direction..

I recently moved to a new server which..is bluewavehosting..before I was at hostwire.com. And I backuped everything..and I uploaded it the new server..what I don't understand..I know it may be a stupid question..I am just completely confused..but what exactly do I do with the file after I upload it? It is over 500mb..how would I extract the other files..folders..images..etc?What exactly do I do with that backup file after uploading it?

2. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

Depending on the type of backup and the type of hosting you have, you may not be able to do anything. If you don't have root access, and you have a full account backup, you'll need the server administrator to do the actual restore for you.

If you have root access, then you should be able to do the restore. there are instructions on this type of restore somewhere in these forums...

3. gcfanca

gcfanca Member

oh ok thanks