The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup FILLING drive?

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by terijo63, Feb 13, 2011.

1. terijo63

terijo63 Member

Apr 9, 2004
    My server has been doing weekly backups for ages, no problem. Suddenly it filled up my /var When I look at the directories .. It is doing Daily, Weekly, and Monthly... all on the same night.

I deleted all the files checked my backup configuration, yep says weekly, do on monday.
    This morning, FULL again.... created daily weekly and montlhly again. It's Sunday, it's not the end of the month and i don't have daily selected.

I have a new server, haven't even transferred all the accounts over and THAT is doing the same thing with a bigger VAR drive.

Can any of you tell me why it is doing this?

Especially the new server. I have 10 gb used on the home directory on the OLD server, so when I got the new one I made sure to have double that on var.

On the new server I have 8.3gb of /home and it is doing the same thing. Creating daily, weekly, and monthly all at the same time and I've not even SELECTED daily. And filling Var

OLD server is FreeBSD WHM 11.28.64
    - new server is CENTOS. WHM 11.28.76

When I originally activated backup on the new server it defaulted to the / ... which naturally filled. That was my fault, not paying attention to where it defaulted - but WHY would it default to that anyway? Odd.

Thanks for your ideas and help in advance!