The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup From Other Drive

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by spiper, Oct 20, 2008.

1. spiper

spiper Registered

Feb 25, 2008
    Cpanel is buggy and corrupted all my files costing me a bundle when i tried to install VNC and the KDE desktop. I had to purchase a second drive just to back up my files. Now if I copy the files and paste them in the newly made domain folders I get errors due to the user permissions are different. I was going to attempt a backup restore or copy an account but these are not geared to work on the same server itself.

Is there a way to do this with out downloading and uploading all the files via FTP?
  2. DaveUsedToWorkHere

DaveUsedToWorkHere Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2001
    Can you please be more specific about what you mean by 'corrupted all my files'. cPanel does not interact with system files other than files related to the operation of cPanel and those updated by the system update utilities.

How are you backing up files to the second drive, through cPanel backups or something different?

You should be able to run /scripts/pkgacct and then /scripts/restorepkg for an account on the same server.

I'm still a bit uncertain about the exact backup setup, if you could add a detailed description of what you are using to backup and your partition scheme, that would definitely help out.