The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup issue urgent

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jcase, Sep 27, 2005.

1. jcase

jcase Well-Known Member

ok, so I by accident wipped out all of my /usr/lib files, the server is useless without them but I do have the /usr/home directory where all the sites reside and all other files on this disk. I am going to get a new disk with the same OS (freebsd) then mount the old drive as /olddata or whatever.

My question is this, can I make cpanel use this old drive where all the files are, I do not have backup.tar.gz files of all of these but I do have the old httpd.conf and all the namedb files etc... Am i screwed if I dont have actual tar.gz backups? Again I have the data, but I simply need to know what configuration files I need to cp over from the old drive to their appropriate place.

-Jon

2. jester.ro

jester.ro Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    if it's the same freebsd version, i'd suggest starting the server with the new hard drive as boot trive, and the old one as secondary.

copy the files you've deleted from /usr/lib from the good drive to the same location on the secondary drive, then reboot server and switch the drives :)