SOLVED Backup Metadata Corruption Message in 70

ljj3

Nov 7, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hi....

Since one of our machines upgraded to 70 last week, backups show this error:

Some of the metadata database(s) appear corrupt. Scheduling a rebuild.
Each time it complains about one account, different each time.

Is there an issue here that needs to be addressed?

/ljj

adamreece.webbox

Nov 3, 2016
Penarth, United Kingdom
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I concur, we are getting this on 4 out of our 8 WHM servers so far. Doesn't seem to have any correlation between CentOS 6/7 or Virtuozzo vs KVM based servers.

Is this rebuild something I can run manually to see if there is a verbose error message? It's obviously not completing successfully or not running at all.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

The following case in cPanel & WHM version 70.0.38 should solve the issue reported on this thread:

Fixed case CPANEL-20316: Don't process backup metadata validation for suspended users.

It addresses an issue where false-positive partial backup failure notifications (e.g. "Some of the metadata database(s) appear corrupt. Scheduling a rebuild") were sent due to a flaw where suspended users with backups disabled were not excluded from the metadata validation process. Let us know if these notifications persist after the server is updated to version 70.0.38 or newer.

Thank you.

Reactions: ptcommerce

ptcommerce

Sep 23, 2006
Hello,

The following case in cPanel & WHM version 70.0.38 should solve the issue reported on this thread:

Fixed case CPANEL-20316: Don't process backup metadata validation for suspended users.

It addresses an issue where false-positive partial backup failure notifications (e.g. "Some of the metadata database(s) appear corrupt. Scheduling a rebuild") were sent due to a flaw where suspended users with backups disabled were not excluded from the metadata validation process. Let us know if these notifications persist after the server is updated to version 70.0.38 or newer.

Thank you.
Ok I will give feedback after tonight backup run
Thanks