The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup Module call in Skin

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by strandtc, Nov 13, 2003.

1. strandtc

strandtc Registered

We recently updated our skin.

On our "Site Backup and Restore" page.. which is the equivalent to the default skin's "Backup Page" there is a call to "<cpanel CpBackup="listbackups()">".

The result of this call on our servers is " cPanel System Backup is not enabled on this machine. Some other type of backup system may be in place, however downloads cannot be fetched using this module."

But the user can still use the forms on the page to create and download backups. It creates confusion for our users.

So my question is... what good does this call do? Can we just remove it since the backups actually work?

Thanks,
    -Chris

2. lewis21

lewis21 Member

I had the same problem message even though I did have backups running in WHM

I went to WHM "Backup" > "Configure backup" then clicked "Save" (without actually changing any settings) and the message in cpanel has now dissapeared

Lewis

3. strandtc

strandtc Registered

So now on the backup page, it lists the backups that are being automatically created for that user??

We have our own home grown backup solution... so I guess I will just remove the call. :/

Thanks,
    -Chris