The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup MX and spam filters?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BoZz, Feb 27, 2007.

1. BoZz

BoZz Member

I have set primary MX (mx01) on domain to forward to a MS Exchange Server ( yeah yuk) and the secondary mx (backup mx02) on cpanel server. /etc/localdomains, remotedomains, secondarymx files all done and works well! The down side is from what I can see incoming email now missing the spam filter which is bad :-( Has anyone seen a how-to, forum thread that allows cpanel server to filter mail and then forward to MS Exchange server at clients office rather then using MS Exchange Pop3 connector?

Brett

2. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

Not on cpanel in this configuration...

secondarymx will just hold the messages and won't do any scanning of the messages. You could set cpanel as primary and then have Exchange pull down, but I don't recall any way of having cpanel push messages down.

3. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

I have my systems set up like how you want yours, 'projectandrew' posted a guide on here as to how to make exim forward mail on, i have mirrored it here: http://www.carbonstudios.co.uk/site/44/183.html

with regard to it being scanned, if you are on a standard setup you will have to re-configure exim to scan outbound as well as inbound otherwise the mail just goes straight through.

I personally use chirpys mailscanner package, set to scan FromOrTo to get round this, it may be possible to change the delivery order in exim to negate the need to scan in and out but this isnt something I can help you with.