Backup not being restored what is going on?

bsasninja

Sep 2, 2004
Im experimenting issues with a user account. I deleted the account through whm and when i restore it from the backup feature all seems to be fine.
But when I look at the public_html folder of the account there are only a few folders and archives.

I opened the backup tar.gz file and inside it I opened the homedir.tar file. There there is the site complete. Also I decompressed it manualy in a folder and everything is ok, so I discard a corrupt backup file.

maybe the whm restoring feature is failing in something?

Thanks

MattCurry

Aug 18, 2009
Houston, Tx
Backups not restored

Hello,

This is something we would need to investigate further, please submit a ticket so we can take a look at this issue. Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Here is a link for our support page.
Support - cPanel Inc.
Thanks,

bsasninja

Sep 2, 2004
I restored the account manually. I untared the content and migrated the mysql dumps all by hand.
The site is working fine. Now the problem is the following. I created the account and I set 1gb of space.
In WHM List Accounts shows 1024mb limit and 129mb used but when I do a "du -hs" command in the public_html folder shows me 540mb. :confused:

So why WHM is not updating the values there? Cause there are 411mb missing.

Best regards

yapluka

Dec 24, 2003
France
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Looks like a files ownership issue. Make sure that all files in this account have the correct ownership/permissions.

MattCurry

Aug 18, 2009
Houston, Tx
Backups

Hello,

In this case I would recommend that you submit a ticket so we can take a look at the data with you to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Matthew Curry

bsasninja

Sep 2, 2004
well, i changed the permission to the reseller user but nothing happens. All is equal.