"Backup Not Enabled" error message even though backups are enabled

mvandemar

Jun 17, 2006
My nightly backup failed due to running out of disk space, so I cleared out enough to run them and attempted to re-run the backups manually, but it returned with this error:

Code:
# /scripts/cpbackup --force
[cpbackup] Backup Not Enabled (This can be adjusted in WHM => Backup => Legacy Backup Configuration)
1) WHM => Backup => Legacy Backup Configuration doesn't actually exist, the only options are: Backup Configuration, Backup Restoration, Backup User Selection, File and Directory Restoration, Restore a Full Backup/cpmove File, and nothing at all shows up when I search for "legacy".

2) Backups are in fact enabled. I even toggled them on and off again without changing anything, re-saved, and am still getting that same error.

I could just wait till the next run, I guess, and see if it handles it successfully from the automated process, but I am a little uncomfortable with it giving that error message currently.

Also, there is now a ./2020-07-02 directory on my backup drive that was created when the process started. Will that be removed automatically if the backups run again, or will I have to remove it manually? I have it set to not retain local backups once they are offloaded to their off-site storage, but I am not sure what happens to them if the backup bombs. It's currently using 66% of the backup disk, so if it doesn't remove or overwrite it then it will probably fail again.

Edit: and 2 minutes later I discovered I was apparently using an old command. I just ran the new one instead:

Code:
# /usr/local/cpanel/bin/backup --force
[2020-07-02 06:04:07 +0000] info [backup] Started at Thu Jul  2 06:04:07 2020
[2020-07-02 06:04:07 +0000] info [backup] cpbackup_transporter is currently running, so we'll re-use it instead of starting a new one.
[2020-07-02 06:04:07 +0000] info [backup] The backup is now running in the background in process 26498.
[2020-07-02 06:04:07 +0000] info [backup] The backup process’s log file is “/usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpbackup/1593669847.log”.
Hopefully it works. You guys may want to update the error message on the old command though since there is no Legacy Backup Configuration.

-Michael