The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup not restorable

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by srhoffman, Jan 23, 2006.

1. srhoffman

srhoffman Member

I'm still fairly new to cpanel so forgive me if I've missed something. I've set a server to backup daily and that is working fine. I can go to the backup directory and see the daily, weekly and monthly folders with folders for all the accounts and the files and dirs directories. I have a second cpanel server, a "warm" spare that has no accounts on it, but is there in case the primary should die. I've rsynced the daily folder over to the backup machine and when I go to WHM and try to restore one or multiple accounts it sees the daily dir, but when I click it, no accounts show up. what am I missing? I see other people get files called cpmove.xxx.tar.gz, but I don't. am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

That's odd. Are you definitely rsyncing the daily backups over to the same directory on the "warm" server that you have configured in WHM > Backup Configuration > Backup Destination?

Also, if you look at that directory on the "warm" server, are the backup tarballs in the top level directory or in a subdirectory by mistake, e.g. /backup/cpbackup/daily/account.tar.gz

3. srhoffman

srhoffman Member

There's no tar.gz file in the /bck/localhost/daily/ or /bck/localhost/daily/username/ on the primary machine or the warm machine.

Originally I didn't have the files in the right directory structure, When I tried to restore on the spare it couldn't find any backups. Once I corrected that I am now able to see the "daily" option, but clicking that, no accounts show up.

Thanks for any help!
    Steve