The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup only configuration data

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by rackaid, Jan 13, 2010.

1. rackaid

rackaid Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I am looking for a way to backup WHM/cPanel server details but no include logs, user data, email or other such content. I simply want the meta-information that would allow the account to be re-created.

The goal here is to produce a minimal backup file that simply contains all account info such that the account can easily be imported back into the server.

We have disk image backups we can use to populate data to the account once it is re-entered.

This is also very efficient from a performance standpoint. Our disk imaging tools are very efficient, much more so than tar/gzip for large sites. This allows us to easily recover a deleted domain without the overhead of making full cpbackups.

2. ModServ

ModServ Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. Poopool

Poopool Member

Have you tried this?

/scripts/pkgacct --skiphomedir user

This way you can backup all settings, accounts etc but exclude homedir(/home/user). I think this is what you are looking for.

4. eeadmin

eeadmin Well-Known Member

What about server configurations

It seems like these solutions get user/account configurations. But what about the server configurations, cron jobs, unique 3rd party installs like Zend Framework, PHP settings, Apache settings., etc.