The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup / pkgacct issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KarlP818, Oct 25, 2005.

1. KarlP818

KarlP818 Member

When a user trys to "Generate/Download a Full Backup" through cpanel, the process ends up with a 0 byte gzip file in their home directory a few minutes later. This has been tested on an account that would generate a 1.2GB backup and an account that should generate a 62M file. Both accounts have no quota, and the drive has over 5GB free.

I receive a message claiming that the backup is complete, quoting this:
    --------------------------------------------------------
    pkgacct started.
    pkgacct version 4.1 - running with uid 0 using time::hires for speedups /home/wordblo/backup-10.21.2005_09-41-45_wordblo exists, please remove it and try again
    --------------------------------------------------------
    The file in question is non existent prior to the backup.

Someone else posted about this and said that updating cpanel fixed it, but i'm gonna try and avoid updating all of cpanel just to fix this backup problem. I coulda sworn there was a script somewhere that would just update that folder, but i can't find it now. Either way, my pkgacct script has a timestamp of Aug 25 10:45, which isn't that long ago. Has anyone else had this problem and know exactly whats wrong?

2. dynaweb

dynaweb Well-Known Member

3. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

What Cpanel are you running that you do not want to update? I do not remember that being a recent error at all.

4. dynaweb

dynaweb Well-Known Member

I know that this kind of thing will happen when the account is over quota or the /tmp is full. Hope this helps.