The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup priority limiting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by djmerlyn, Nov 7, 2004.

1. djmerlyn

djmerlyn Well-Known Member

The only process I ever have bogging down the system is the manual backup. When a user goes in and selects to "generate/download a full backup"...

I wonder, how can I drop the priority of that backup process down to 16?

Thanks!

2. djmerlyn

Is possable??

3. djmerlyn

Hello?

[language filter]
    Dang!
    [/language filter]

#3 djmerlyn, Nov 11, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Well, I was about to post a solution, but I guess I won't now. This forum is mostly run by people coming here to help people, for free, in their own time. You cannot just come here and demand help. Well, you can, but you won't get it.

If you want support, you should either contact your server provider, or if you purchased your license through cPanel, you should contact them through the appropriate method.

5. djmerlyn

Pretty easy to say, now that someones angry...where were you a few days ago?

A couple days ago it might have been appreciated...now I don't care :)

I just can't believe how many people come in and just post a random question...well, usually they post about 4-10 random questions in a row...then it push's real questions, that aren't really stupid and can't be found in the docs, down to the bottom so they never get seen

So far, you are the only person besides me to even look at this...

That's why I'm angry...

I should go back and clean up my language though...I woke up on the wrong side of the bed...wasn't nice of me to bring my bad day here :( DOH!

PS) In 2 years, this is only the second question I can think of that I have asked. Service providers don't really support the software just there service, they say come here :rolleyes:

PPS) You ever had an employee that made you so angry, even firing him didn't give you the gratification you needed? It's been one of those days :eek:

#5 djmerlyn, Nov 11, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2004