Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup process and leave files on local hdd

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by DjordjeB, Apr 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Gojko

Gojko Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello i have 480gb for users, i have used space 400gb and that is 80% used space, when backup is enabled go to 100% used space, i have unchecked option: "Retain backups in the default backup directory."
    also backup is selected to FTP to remote storage.

So my question is why cpanel don't remove user by user when create backup file and then upload it?
    cPanel backup all files and then upload them all together or how it's working?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The backup archives are queued for transport to the remote destination once they are packaged into .tar.gz files, and removed from the cPanel server once each transfer is complete. However, you may notice that more than one archive exists on the cPanel server at the same time during the backup process because only one archive is transferred at a time. The best approach at conserving disk space on the local system would be to use incremental backups. Note that remote incremental backups are currently only supported with the "rsync" destination type.

Thank you.