The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dL007, Apr 24, 2003.

1. dL007

dL007 Member

I have a couple questions. I have enabled the backups to backup all the site files and the mySQL db. My questions are,

1) If I save the username.tar.gz file to my local machine and after my server is done formatting. Do I just place the file I downloaded to my local machine back in the same place I downloaded it from?

2) If so, will I need to first recreate the account in WHM, or will the restore feature in WHM restore all accounts / emails / ftp login along with the DNS entries?

3) What exactly does this WHM Backup feature 'backup' LIKE does it backup only the site files or does it backup the entire site files / accounts / email accts / ftp / dns entries and all?

I thank you for your time replying to my message.

-DL007

2. e-creations

e-creations Member

Your not going to use a backup drive on the machine? b-r-a-v-e :)

I just finished a full restore after replacing a bad drive, the backup setting in the whm will backup everything you need. When you are ready to restore you log back into the whm and select the restore multiple backups and follow the directions. Went off without a hitch, just some minor tweaking of the IP's and I was up and running in 4 hours.

Just remember that before you can restore, you have to go through the setup of whm first, including setting the backup settings back up, then upload your file in_the_spot_ where you have your backup settings pointing to, then go and and use the restore backups function.

--t

3. dL007

dL007 Member

I will eventually mount another hard drive onto the server since moving all the files weekly to my local machine may be too much of a hassle...know what I mean? Thanks for your input.