The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup remotely

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jameshsi, Aug 15, 2003.

1. jameshsi

jameshsi Well-Known Member

Hi!
    I am setting remote backup, I don't sure if my setting is correct, so I want to test it, but I don't know how to let WHM start backup right away, do I have to wait until she backup automatically ?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

Execute the following as root:

/scripts/cpbackup

That will start backups right away. If backups have already run for the day, you will need to rename/remove the /backup/cpbackups/daily/ directory.

3. blaze64

blaze64 Well-Known Member

I am using remote FTP via WHM. When I attempt to run /scripts/cpbackup, it says daily is up to date. My qyestion is HOW in the world does it know it is up to date? I watch the FTP session on the other server and it dosent even attempt a login to that server...??? Are the sessions stored else where?

I tried teh same thing on backing up within the same server. I deleted th cpbackup/ folder and it started the backup. That tells me that there are NOT sessions stored.

So again, how does it check remote backups if it dosent even FTP to that server to check?

Also I migh tadd, that I have been using this setting for about a month. After running remore the first time, it worked. Everything was there on the remote server. But it seems that after that first time, it never did it again.... No up to date backups :(