The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup --> restore to target server, but fills /var 100% during the restore?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jols, Jul 31, 2008.

1. jols

jols Well-Known Member

Hi,

I am trying to move a 500MB account with 4 databases to another cPanel server. So I just do the full account backup via their cPanel, sending the tar.gz file to the target server, I move the tar.gz file to the home directory and then do the restore via WHM from there.

The problem is that the process goes on and on and on when restoring the databases, then eventually the /var partition fills to 100%. (var is only about 36% full to begin with). Then of course the process dies until I can somehow create enough room in var by removing some log files, then I use WHM to delete the remnents of this account, and then var is back to 36% full. Thus I have no way of moving this account to the target server?

What's going on here do you suppose?

#1 jols, Jul 31, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  2. jols

jols Well-Known Member

I just discovered that this account, which is showing only a little over 500MB of diskspace used on the server, had a MySQL database that is well over 7GB. How could this be? Are the MySQL databases NOT counted in the disk usage number in the site listing in WHM???