Backup rotation leaves empty dated folders on FTP destination

Wabun

Oct 6, 2012
Antwerpen
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
We use the legacy backup system as I have reported why: FTP can't cope with this newest method, because when using the legacy backup wait till the backup is moved to ftp server, the new method is going on and on and fills the server disk. But you never listen to your customers, hence we are fed up to fill tickets and are looking to move away from cpanel.

Wabun

Oct 6, 2012
Antwerpen
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Only thing left as issue is that the backup rotation [Strictly enforce retention enabled] removes indeed the accounts on the ftp server but leaves empty dated folders.

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hello @Wabun,

I've moved these posts into a new thread so we can address this specific issue individually.

If I understand correctly, the "backup archives" are successfully pruned based on your backup retention settings, but the "backup directories" are left in-place on the remote FTP backup destination. Is that correct? If so, can you review the document linked below and confirm if any of those conditions match what's happening on your server?

How to Troubleshoot a Remote Transport Pruning Failure - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Note there's also a case on the thread below to be aware of:

In Progress - [CPANEL-25619] The system could not prune backups

Thank you.