maxo-tt

Dec 22, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
hello people, i've problem with backups, i want to make sql backup only.

so at first, i've cheked "per account only", i got message that backup completed every day, buy backup folder was empty.... now i've checked "Per Account and Entire MySQL Directory", now it works but makes one _var_lib_mysql_.tar.gz file.... but i want to make backup separately for all databases.... (and maybe if its possible users too see backup on ftp.. or something like.... to access their backup file)

WHM 11.34.1 (build 7)
centos 6.3

thanks

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Please verify the following option is enabled in "WHM Home » Backup » Configure Backup"

"Backup Accounts"

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
i've checked it now, and it makes backup of ftp files also... i need only mysql (
The purpose of backing up the entire MySQL directory is for instances when you do not want to backup the accounts. You can not backup individual databases per account without backing up the entire account unless you exclude all of the directories manually with the use of /etc/cpbackup-exclude.conf.

This is documented at:

cPBackup Exclusions

Thank you.

maxo-tt

Dec 22, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
ah, clear.... so, if i want to exclude whole /home/site.com directory, just write "/" on new line or?

p.s
i'll be very good if you add this option in whm, to make only sql backups... its very useful thing, when much of the website are several GB-s, its bad idea make homedir backup every day, but sql is recommended to make every day, because most problems with database...(with my more then 7 year experience in web-hosting)