The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup solution

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by venator, Nov 5, 2006.

1. venator

venator Registered

Hi, servers with clients during creating backup have to high load and do this too long... I must find another way to create backup.

In "Configure Backup" i have founded this option:

"Incremental backup (only backup what has changed. (**No Compression**, not compatible w/ftp backups)"

This option work correct? Can i copy this catalog to another server and restore this backup using cPanel??

Thanks for help :)

2. claudio

claudio Well-Known Member

hi

i usually let cpbackup configured to weekly (not incremental) basis

so everytime i need to run the backup i use ssh to rm -rf /home/cpbackuptmp

and then /scripts/cpbackup

if your server is overloading during the backup it sounds like another issue such as low memory (try to upgrade it) or some process is consuming a lot, maybe exim or your AV if you are receiving many smpt spam or attacks,

rsync is another secure solution to backups but i think cpanel backup is simple and to a regular user it fits well (if you can program in perl or python you can use rsync to create a new script)

good luck

claudio

3. venator

venator Registered

But i need do backup every day.

Resaon of high load are clients with 2 GB hundreds files...

rsync is good but it is not compatible with cpanel restore backup (isnt it?).

I must only know this option work good (is compatible) with cpanel restore backups:
    "Incremental backup (only backup what has changed. (**No Compression**, not compatible w/ftp backups)"

So if this create in backups folder "user " can i move this to another server and restore like "user.tar.gz"?