The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup Testing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nerdzoll, Jul 18, 2005.

1. nerdzoll

nerdzoll Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Hi all,
    I am setting up a business (as I have been running a dedicated server for quite a few months) and hence would like to go through and actually test some of the automated cpanel backups (as I have never done this and believe that my clients might appreciate knowing that their backups would work).
    I was wondering tho is there really any easy way to test a backup short of performing a full backup (under their Cpanel account, which I have never had problems with restoring) and terminating their account then testing whether it will restore?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Ooooh also I am looking at getting a VPS (from another host) so that I can have somewhere to store offsite backups. Now is there any way to FTP these to a VHost (i.e. I do not want CPANEL to do it as not all clients will be paying for the privelage). Someone mentioned to me a while ago a program (I think Rsync) can anyone recommend these.