The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup to additional destination missing files

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by vwtdan, Oct 8, 2013.

1. vwtdan

vwtdan Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey all! If this question has been answered before, please direct me to the thread. I did a quick search but could not find anything.

I'm using the new backup system on WHM 11.38.2.

I have selected:
    compressed backups
    backup daily
    backup monthly
    backup accounts
    backup access logs
    backup bandwidth data
    backup system files
    backup sql per account and entire mysql directory

My backup directory is /backup and it will mount that drive as needed.

I have an additional backup destination set for /backup2 which also works.

Backups that are going to the primary destination are working perfectly. I get directories with the backup date and two directories inside of that called "system" and "accounts" where the compressed backup files are stored. No problems here.

The issue is that on my additional backup destination, /backup2, I only see compressed accounts backups, which are in the root of the directory named by date. There is no "system" or "accounts" directory on the additional backup destination. It looks like the additional backup destination is only backing up account files, not system files.

Has anyone else experienced this, and how do I get my additional backup destination to backup files exactly like the primary destination? It doesn't really do much good to have an additional backup destination if all the files are not going to be backed up to it.

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, to add, in the backup log what was emailed to me there is no mention of my additional backup destination, /backup2, even though files were put into that directory.

For logging sanity and error parsing, I feel it necessary for the backup log to include any information about what was put on any additional backup destinations.

2. vwtdan

vwtdan Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Does anyone have any ideas before I just cron a simple one-liner to sync /backup2 with /backup and disable the additional destination in the backup configuration?

At this point, a "cp -au /backup /backup2" in crontab would be more reliable...

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator