Backup to Amazon s3 validation timeout

Otávio Serra

Apr 27, 2015
Brazil
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

I'm configuring a new server with Centos 7.5 and Whm v74.0.6 . All goes fine except that whem I try to activate backup and configure destination to Amazon S3 bucket trhow one error. Whem I push validate button, after a 30 secounds trow a Timeout error. So, what can I do to fix this? Create a support ticket?

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi Otávio Serra

Do you have a firewall on this server that could be blocking the connection? Is anything reported in the cPanel error logs when you attempt to connect?

Thanks!

Otávio Serra

Apr 27, 2015
Brazil
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
No,

my server is on EC2 instance and security group is setted to the same configuration inbound and outbound:

All traffic
All protocol
All port range
0.0.0.0/0 source

I'll open a support ticket and refer this topic.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi Otávio Serra

I checked in on your ticket and the issue appears to be resolved as the Analyst was unable to replicate an issue with the S3 configuration on your server. Can you please let us know if you run into any further issues with it?

Thanks!

Otávio Serra

Apr 27, 2015
Brazil
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Problem solved. I don't know how, but after a while and o support ticket opened, this option started to work with no apparent reason. I think that have one delay on creation and on usation of one Amazon's S3 Bucket. So, if anyone have same problem, just wait a while and it'll start function.

Reactions: ChrisTNM

garbintecnologia

Mar 4, 2021
Brasil
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello, sorry to answer that old topic. I am configuring backup with S3 too, I just created the credentials and the bucket, however I am receiving "Timeout" in the validation. Do I have to wait a certain time for this to work or do I have to do some other configuration?