Registered
Sep 20, 2018
Moldova
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hello,
I Have some problem with curlftpfs.
I mount ftp server via curlftpfs for backup. But receive an error

Could not determine file system’s ability to hard link: (XID efepbg) The system failed to open the file “/ftp/tmp_fil1_1537430141_17512” for writing because of an error: Operation not supported

warn [backup] Could not determine file system’s ability to hard link: (XID efepbg) The system failed to open the file “/ftp/tmp_fil1_1537430141_17512” for writing because of an error: Operation not supported at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/backup line 2478.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @misamd,

It's important to note the following warning on our Configure Backups document:

We strongly recommend that you do not perform backups to remote filesystems (for example, NFS, CIFS, smbfs, or other types of network drive systems). While you can back up directly to a remote filesystem, cPanel & WHM does not support this configuration.
If you're using a remote server, I recommend transferring the backup using one of the supported transfer types found on our Additional Destinations documentation instead of mounting the remote filesystem directly to the server.

Thank you.

misamd

Registered
Sep 20, 2018
Moldova
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hello,
i have some problem with free space in home .
but backup make archive off all accounts and then make a transfer.

Why its not make archive one by one (one archive -> transfer -> delete it from home and next account)

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Why its not make archive one by one (one archive -> transfer -> delete it from home and next account)
Hello @misamd,

The backup archives are queued for transport to the remote destination once they are packaged into .tar.gz files, and removed from the cPanel server once each transfer is complete. However, you may notice that more than one archive exists on the cPanel server at the same time during the backup process because only one archive is transferred at a time. The best approach at conserving disk space on the local system would be to use incremental backups. Remote incremental backups are currently only supported with the "rsync" destination type, however I encourage you to open a feature request to add support for remote incremental backups with the specific destination you are using:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.