Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Backup to mounted ftp using curlftpfs

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by misamd, Sep 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. misamd

misamd Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,
    I Have some problem with curlftpfs.
    I mount ftp server via curlftpfs for backup. But receive an error

Could not determine file system’s ability to hard link: (XID efepbg) The system failed to open the file “/ftp/tmp_fil1_1537430141_17512” for writing because of an error: Operation not supported

warn [backup] Could not determine file system’s ability to hard link: (XID efepbg) The system failed to open the file “/ftp/tmp_fil1_1537430141_17512” for writing because of an error: Operation not supported at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/backup line 2478.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @misamd,

It's important to note the following warning on our Configure Backups document:

If you're using a remote server, I recommend transferring the backup using one of the supported transfer types found on our Additional Destinations documentation instead of mounting the remote filesystem directly to the server.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. misamd

misamd Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,
    i have some problem with free space in home .
    but backup make archive off all accounts and then make a transfer.

Why its not make archive one by one (one archive -> transfer -> delete it from home and next account)

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @misamd,

The backup archives are queued for transport to the remote destination once they are packaged into .tar.gz files, and removed from the cPanel server once each transfer is complete. However, you may notice that more than one archive exists on the cPanel server at the same time during the backup process because only one archive is transferred at a time. The best approach at conserving disk space on the local system would be to use incremental backups. Remote incremental backups are currently only supported with the "rsync" destination type, however I encourage you to open a feature request to add support for remote incremental backups with the specific destination you are using:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...