The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup to new host

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rahxie, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Rahxie

Rahxie Member

Hi, I'm wondering if there's a way to backup whm and all the sites that I'm hosting, I have a reseller account and don't have root access to it but there must be a way to backup everything and restore it easy I'm hoping, thanks for any help in advance :)

2. jogjabox

jogjabox Member

Ask for a new host who is willing to 'move' all your account, or you can do it yourself if you have WHM root account in the new server.

BTW, you can generate full backup for each account thru cpanel. Just login to your cpanel reseller account, and visit each account under your account.

Thanks

3. Rahxie

Rahxie Member

I tried that but it didnt restore, not sure if it's because i have a different username etc

4. adept2003

adept2003 Well-Known Member

With a full backup, only the root admin can do a full restore. There's even a message in the user cPanel:
    If you're moving to a new host, you can ask the new host to do a full restore of the account (if they know how to). The best way is to ask the root admin to use WHM's "Copy multiple accounts from another server" function. This is a server -> server transfer, so it's probably the quickest and easiest way.

5. jogjabox

jogjabox Member

Do you have root access on the new host? If so, you can do a remote full backup from old server to new server, then restore it using WHM.

Thanks

6. mohit

mohit Well-Known Member

Re:

if you have root access, using the option "copy account from another server using password" would Automatically creates a Account with Exactly the same username/password and features, as u have on old server.

If you don't have root access, best is ask ur host to do it, or download your Individual Backup from old host and then create a account at new host and Restore from cpanel-->backup. (quite timetaking).

See ya,
    mohit

#6 mohit, Aug 21, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2005
  7. Rahxie

Rahxie Member

thanks for all the help, i'll email my host now and see if they can transfer all account for me :)