Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

backup transport errors : strange errors

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by trucmuche, Jul 21, 2015.

1. trucmuche

trucmuche Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I configured WHM to backup automatically user accounts and to put them on another server using FTP. Usually, it works perfectly and I receive an email saying "the backup process completed" but *sometimes*, I also receive an email "Backup transport errors" which says that some files couldn't be moved to the FTP destination. The strange thing is the following : the files which cannot be moved to the FTP destination are not always the same, but I didn't modify anything in the WHM configuration... (and there is always some gigas of free space on the FTP server...)

I cannot understand why this problem arises. Could you help me ?

Here are some of the last log files "transport errors encountered" sent to me (in french) :
    ======= july 7 =======
    Impossible d’envoyer « /backup/2015-07-07/accounts/account1.tar.gz » à la destination « myftpserver.com »
    Impossible d’envoyer « /backup/2015-07-07/accounts/account2.tar.gz » à la destination « myftpserver.com »
    Impossible d’envoyer « /backup/2015-07-07/accounts/account3.tar.gz » à la destination « myftpserver.com »
    Impossible d’envoyer « /backup/2015-07-07/accounts/account4.tar.gz » à la destination « myftpserver.com »
    ======= july 9 =======
    Impossible d’envoyer « /backup/2015-07-09/accounts/account4.tar.gz » à la destination « myftpserver.com »
    ======= july 11 =======
    Impossible d’envoyer « /backup/2015-07-11/accounts/account3.tar.gz » à la destination « myftpserver.com »
    Impossible d’envoyer « /backup/2015-07-11/accounts/account4.tar.gz » à la destination « myftpserver.com »
    ======= july 14 =======
    Impossible d’envoyer « /backup/2015-07-14/accounts/account2.tar.gz » à la destination « myftpserver.com »
    Impossible d’envoyer « /backup/2015-07-14/accounts/account3.tar.gz » à la destination « myftpserver.com »
    Impossible d’envoyer « /backup/2015-07-14/accounts/account4.tar.gz » à la destination « myftpserver.com »
    =====================

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Please review the following log file:

/usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpbackup_transporter.log

Do you notice any specific error messages in this log file?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...