Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SOLVED Backup transport to B2 is faililng

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by TDP, May 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. TDP

TDP Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Since May 19th, my backups have been failing to transport to B2. Everything was working fine prior to that. I made no changes to the server prior to this, so I am unsure why this is occurring. I have even rebooted the server, however this hasn't resolved the issue.

It appears that a 500 error maybe occurring when cPanel attempts to send a GET request to “https://api.backblazeb2.com/b2api/v1/b2_authorize_account” if I am reading the error right. If that's the case I would suspect it's on Backblaze's end then. However, I would like to see if anyone else can confirm that, or if something else is going on. Below is the error message from the latest transporter log.
    Code:
    [2019-05-22 03:19:58 -0400] warn [cpbackup_transporter] Upload attempt failed: Cpanel::Exception::HTTP::Network/(XID hcm4sg) The system failed to send an <abbr title="Hypertext Transfer Protocol">HTTP</abbr> “GET” request to “https://api.backblazeb2.com/b2api/v1/b2_authorize_account” because of an error: CODE :500: MSG :500 write failed: Transport endpoint is not connected: write failed: Transport endpoint is not connected at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/528/lib/perl5/cpanel_lib/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 295.

at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Transport/Files/Backblaze.pm line 117.
            Cpanel::Transport::Files::Backblaze::_error(Cpanel::Transport::Files::Backblaze=HASH(0x2f48088), "HTTP::Network", HASH(0x2f900d8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Transport/Files/Backblaze.pm line 268
            Cpanel::Transport::Files::Backblaze::_do_request(Cpanel::Transport::Files::Backblaze=HASH(0x2f48088), __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, ...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Transport/Files/Backblaze.pm line 292
            Cpanel::Transport::Files::Backblaze::_get_authorize_token(Cpanel::Transport::Files::Backblaze=HASH(0x2f48088)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Transport/Files/Backblaze.pm line 721
            Cpanel::Transport::Files::Backblaze::_put(Cpanel::Transport::Files::Backblaze=HASH(0x2f48088), "/backup/2019-05-22/accounts/CPANELACCOUNT.tar.gz", "2019-05-22/accounts/CPANELACCOUNT.tar.gz") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Transport/Files.pm line 267
            Cpanel::Transport::Files::put(Cpanel::Transport::Files::Backblaze=HASH(0x2f48088), "/backup/2019-05-22/accounts/CPANELACCOUNT.tar.gz", "2019-05-22/accounts/CPANELACCOUNT.tar.gz") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Backup/Queue.pm line 637
            eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Backup/Queue.pm line 637
            Cpanel::Backup::Queue::transport_backup::attempt_to_upload_file(Cpanel::Backup::Queue::transport_backup=HASH(0x10ec828), Cpanel::Transport::Files::Backblaze=HASH(0x2f48088), "/backup/2019-05-22/accounts/CPANELACCOUNT.tar.gz", "2019-05-22/accounts/CPANELACCOUNT.tar.gz", Cpanel::LoggerAdapter=HASH(0x1118730)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Backup/Queue.pm line 325
            Cpanel::Backup::Queue::transport_backup::process_task(Cpanel::Backup::Queue::transport_backup=HASH(0x10ec828), cPanel::TaskQueue::Task=HASH(0x2fd90e8), Cpanel::LoggerAdapter=HASH(0x1118730)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/528/lib/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/TaskQueue.pm line 625
            eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/528/lib/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/TaskQueue.pm line 628
            cPanel::TaskQueue::__ANON__() called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/528/lib/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/StateFile.pm line 233
            eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/528/lib/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/StateFile.pm line 233
            cPanel::StateFile::Guard::call_unlocked(cPanel::StateFile::Guard=HASH(0x2f48490), CODE(0x23e9d18)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/528/lib/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/TaskQueue.pm line 633
            cPanel::TaskQueue::process_next_task(cPanel::TaskQueue=HASH(0x21753d0)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/cpbackup_transporter line 167
            eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/cpbackup_transporter line 165
     at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/LoggerAdapter.pm line 27.
            Cpanel::LoggerAdapter::warn(Cpanel::LoggerAdapter=HASH(0x1118730), "Upload attempt failed: Cpanel::Exception::HTTP::Network/(XID "...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Backup/Queue.pm line 641
            Cpanel::Backup::Queue::transport_backup::attempt_to_upload_file(Cpanel::Backup::Queue::transport_backup=HASH(0x10ec828), Cpanel::Transport::Files::Backblaze=HASH(0x2f48088), "/backup/2019-05-22/accounts/CPANELACCOUNT.tar.gz", "2019-05-22/accounts/CPANELACCOUNT.tar.gz", Cpanel::LoggerAdapter=HASH(0x1118730)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Backup/Queue.pm line 325
            Cpanel::Backup::Queue::transport_backup::process_task(Cpanel::Backup::Queue::transport_backup=HASH(0x10ec828), cPanel::TaskQueue::Task=HASH(0x2fd90e8), Cpanel::LoggerAdapter=HASH(0x1118730)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/528/lib/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/TaskQueue.pm line 625
            eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/528/lib/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/TaskQueue.pm line 628
            cPanel::TaskQueue::__ANON__() called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/528/lib/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/StateFile.pm line 233
            eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/528/lib/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/StateFile.pm line 233
            cPanel::StateFile::Guard::call_unlocked(cPanel::StateFile::Guard=HASH(0x2f48490), CODE(0x23e9d18)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/528/lib/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/TaskQueue.pm line 633
            cPanel::TaskQueue::process_next_task(cPanel::TaskQueue=HASH(0x21753d0)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/cpbackup_transporter line 167
            eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/cpbackup_transporter line 165

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I forgot to mention that my server is a VPS running CloudLinux 7.6, and cPanel/WHM 78.0.24. This started on the 19th though when it was still running 78.0.23. For some reason I am receiving an error when I try to edit my original post, so I'm adding this reply.

#1 TDP, May 22, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2019
  2. TDP

TDP Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Just wanted to provide an update. This error is persisting with cPanel/WHM version 80.0.9. Does anybody have an idea on how to resolve this? I checked, and everything locally appears ok, the backup drives filesystem is healthy, and the system can locally read/write to it fine.

I have also tried removing, and re-adding the B2 destination with no success. I also even regenerated the key for the bucket and updated it in WHM, but the error persists.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @TDP,

Can you submit a support ticket so we can take a closer look at your system to see why the transport to the BackBlaze B2 destination is failing? You can post the ticket number here once it's opened and I'll link this thread to it.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. TDP

TDP Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael,

Thanks for replying. I've opened a new ticket with ID 12447631.

cPanelMichael likes this.
  5. cPanelMichael

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

To update, it looks like there was a traffic filtering application in-place at the affected server's data center blocking outgoing connection attempts to the BackBlaze destination over HTTPS.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. TDP

TDP Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    After contacting my server provider, they were able to make an adjustment that resolved the issue.

cPanelMichael likes this.
  7. cPanelMichael

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @TDP,

I'm glad to see the issue was fixed. I've marked this thread as solved.

Thank you.